This product fits
- 1999 - 2003 Mk4 Golf TDI with ALH Engine Code
- 1999 - 2003 Mk4 Jetta TDI with ALH Engine Code
- 1998 - 2003 Mk4 New Beetle TDI with ALH Engine Code
- 2004-2006 Mk4 Golf TDI with BEW engine Code
- 2004 - 2005.5 Mk4 Jetta TDI with BEW engine Code
- 2002 - 2006 Mk4 Jetta Wagon TDI with ALH and BEW engine Code
- 2004-2006 Mk4 New Beetle TDI with BEW engine Code
- 2005.5 - 2006 Mk5 Jetta TDI with BRM Engine Code
There are two ways to install the cam seal
For ALH, AHU and 1Z motors
Remove the #1 camshaft bearing cap. Clean the cam nose and sealing surface with brake cleaner. Apply a small piece of masking tape over the woodruf key cut to protect the seal when sliding it on.
slide seal on, remove tape, torque cam bearing cap to 18ftlbs
For the BEW and BRM, if the camshaft is staying it in the car, it is possible to remove and install the seal using VW tools 3240, 10-203, T10052 and T10051. That's $200 in tools, just for the seal; but it's the only way to install any cam seal (PTFE or old style) without removing the valve cover and injector rocker bolts.